Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Oh You Better Not Pout!

I am working on addressing my Christmas cards this week. I love sending Christmas cards every year. I keep all my cards from previous years and look at them when I unpack the decorations. It is so nice to see friends' families who are close and those who are far and see how their family changes each year.


This year I was excited to get some pictures of Lydia made for our Christmas card. Nana bought Lydia a beautiful dress with a red sash for Christmas. I had high hopes of getting a picture of ALL 3 of us to send out this year. Josh and I were coordinating so well with our baby girl and I just knew we could get atleast one decent one of us all together. Well here is a preview:




Needless to say, the card that will be mailed out will only have Lydia. She decided that we didn't need to be in the picture with her! I am sure that we will cherish this picture (as Melissa D. suggested we keep it) and there will be many more photo moments like this with her and future children.

If you have a fun Christmas photo, like the above, I would love for you to share it on your blog!

10 comments:

Emma's Mommy said...

While I am sure it wasn't very amusing at the time, I am getting a little chuckle out of it (Hee Hee). It is nice to know that Emmaline isn't the only one that acts like this ;-)

But, I do have to say, the three of you do coordinate VERY well.

Blessed said...

This is exactly why we are only sending a card with Colt on it. I had high hopes for the family shot too, but this is pretty much what ours looks like. I love it though. They are so funny!

I am glad you are blogging again. We missed you at church. :(

Tonya said...

I love it! I think you should have sent it out. Although since I have seen a sneak preview of your beautiful card drafts it is hard to choose!

Julie said...

Funny! I'm anxious to see how our pictures turn out!

Emma's Mommy said...

I just wanted to let you know that I LOVE LOVE the picture of Lydia in your header. It is beautiful!

Maggie Jean said...

that is too funny! I love it!

Terri said...

That is so funny! I've been there.

Deaton, party of 5 said...

love, love, love it! You should make this your Christmas card Fo' SHORE!

Blessed said...

More pictures, please!!! :) I miss yall.

Totallyscrappy said...

I think that picture is perfect! And with the title, "You'd Better Not Pout..." it would be a great card. Well, all of us with kids would smile, anyway!