Thursday, December 17, 2009

All Aboard

The Polar Express is one of my favorite books.
I loved reading it to my first graders and was so excited to take them on a class trip to see the movie when it came out. The movie is so well done and seeing it on the big screen was so memorable! Lydia has been watching the movie this week and seems very interested in it and trains this week. Tonight we went to the Historic L & N Train Depot in BG to load the train and listen to a reading of the book.
Zoe and Lydia had a great time looking at the trains in the depot and listening to the reader. Santa was on the train as we exited, but the girls were not to interested in his company! But they did take a bell for a souvenir.










A lot of our friends got to enjoy the Train Station and Museum too tonight- The Smalling crew were in the group before ours:
And here is the Jones Family:


One happy girl tonight as we arrived back home!

3 comments:

Valerie said...

I'm so glad that we got to tag along with y'all to book reading. Zoe had fun seeing the train, the conductor and Santa.... but I think she had the most fun seeing her bud, Lydia!
Thanks for the invite!!!
Next year baby girl Owens and Luke will enjoy The Polar Express a little more than they did this year :o)

Blessed said...

Was it only one night or is it still running? I think C would love that!

Deaton, party of 5 said...

Oh how fun!!! I can't believe we haven't done that yet. I guess there's always next year???