Friday, February 5, 2010

Getting Ready to be a Big Sister



We are all very excited to bring baby Riley Jane home from the hospital the end of March. I can't wait to have another little girl to watch grow and change. I know Lydia will be a great big sister. She loves talking to Riley and praying for her everyday. She tells me quite often what all Riley will and won't be able to do when she gets here. In preparation for her arrival, we took Lydia to the Medical Center's Big Sister Class last night. She was so cute holding her baby doll and listening attentively on our tour of the nursery, waiting room and mommy postpartum room. She also made sure she was front and center when the nurse talked about tips on helping with little siblings. She is so proud already of Riley and I can't wait to watch her beam the first time she sees her little sister!!! They will be best friends for life!



5 comments:

Deaton, party of 5 said...

Was the short haired lady in the second picture the teacher? If so, her daughter Emma is in Karson's class this year. We can't wait to meet baby Riley ourselves!!!

Natasha said...

We were there too. I recognize you now. My son Colin is actually in this picture. My husband and I are in the background (He's holding our other son Carson). We are expecting our third son in March as well. The lady that did the class was much better than the one who did our refresher lamaze class.

Valerie said...

Dear Riley Jane,
I can't wait for you to arrive. I'm ready to teach you all kinds of things, like grinning at your mommy and laughing outloud and rolling over.... Oh Riley, we're gonna have lots of fun together ganging up on our big sisters.
Love,
Luke

Emma's Mommy said...

Lydia is going to be an AWESOME big sister!!!

April Kay said...

I am IN LOVE with that 1st picture of you and Lydia looking at your belly!!! It is just so special. Can't wait to meet Riley and hold her!!! Love you!