Thursday, July 5, 2007

4th of July

Lydia spent her first 4th of July by starting the day with a yard sale, and may I add that I hate putting on a yard sale. Yes, getting rid of clutter is nice, but the tagging, putting it out, and bringing it in is not so nice. I was really hoping for a blow out sale with many people lined up to go through our collections of things, but it didn't really turn out like that after all. My sister always has had great luck with yard sales on the 4th, but she lives near Barren River Lake and many boaters stop off on their way to and from the lake. Well I have no lake near me, so therefore, the 4th was not so hot of an idea. Sara and Darren joined in with us. We both did pretty good considering our turn out, but decided to call it quits around 11am. Lydia enjoyed sitting in her bouncy and talking to us as we walked around. She is really making some fun sounds now, like ooh, ha, oh, eee, and hiee. I love listening to her talk back to me as I say the sounds for her to mimick. What an exciting time!

After church, we met up with friends (see the pic of fellow firecracker Zoe with Lydia) at WKU for their 4th concert and firecracker display. Lydia really enjoyed the noise. Papa walked around with her toward the end and he said she jumped a few times during the finale of the fireworks when there were several big booms together. I think she really enjoyed all the stimualtion of the sounds and sights.

No comments: