Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Sew easy...yeah right!

Well I got my first sewing machine for Christmas and have high hopes on being crafty like my friends Larie, Valerie, Maggie, and Heather. With a simple "napkin demonstration" lesson from Heather on how to make a little taggie thing, I was off to conquer my first stitch. I had to enlist my mother-in-law to help supervise my endeavor. And after a few mess-ups and back stitching, I finally made a little gift for my soon to be nephew due in the coming weeks:

7 comments:

Erica said...

Way to go! That'll be a really cute gift for your nephew and I'm sure he'll love it!

Maggie Jean said...

That is so cute and such a great handmade gift... you ARE so crafty!

Maggie

Valerie said...

I knew you could do it! Heather gave a great lesson didn't she!!!!

Emma's Mommy said...

Way to go! That taggie thing is pretty cute!

Lydia is getting so big! I love her smile. It certainly lights up a room.

Terri said...

How fun! I would love to learn sewing . Maybe after I finish my masters.

Blessed said...

Super cute. You are talented girl.

Melanie said...

I'm glad you're back to blogging! I've missed catching up with you and precious Lydia. That little lovey is so cute! I'm sure it will be simpler/faster next time, but it looks GREAT! Love ya.