Friday, January 25, 2008

The Big 3-0!!!!!!!!!


So today I am no longer in my "twenties" but have jumped into a new group of numbers. When I was little my parents watched the show, "Thirtysomething" and I remember that being about a bunch of old messed up people. I don't feel any older or different. I do have gray hair coming in on the sides that I like to pull out frequently and hope that the expense of coloring my hair can wait another 10 years down the road.

Anyway...
I had a great birthday. Josh and Lydia got me an MP3 player which I am addicted to putting songs on it. I have already stored over 120 songs on my library on the computer. I am loving finding my favorites and hearing some new favorites. I went to sleep last night listening to it. I love music! The inlaws had my family over for dinner last night and my sweet MIL made me all my favorites. It was so yummy. My mom took me shopping and I got some new clothes. I got a sewing basket with goodies to go along with my sewing machine from my MIL. My sweet buddies, Tonya/Eric and Valerie/Matt along with our sweet girls went out to celebrate tonight at Montana Grill. Tomorrow I will continue the celebrating and spend the day with my sister.

I have had wonderful memories during these first 30 years. I have super family and friends who have helped make those memories so special! Thanks ya'll!!!
I look forward to celebrating and making new memories during the next 30 (and then some) years!

BTW, I want to wish a very special HAPPY Birthday to Amy Kate, who turns 26 today and Isaac who turns the big 3 years old! I am glad we get to have our special days at the same time!

9 comments:

Melanie said...

Happy Birthday!!!! I'm enjoying my last couple of months in my twenties :) Sounds like you've done lots of celebrating! Enjoy tomorrow with your sister. Love you!!! (It's late, lots of !!!s)

Deaton, party of 5 said...

Sarah, I would love to go to Chuck E. Cheese's next year with you. You bring the money and I'll bring my monster trucks!

Love-Isaac
Happy 30th you old lady =).

Terri said...

Happy Birthday! Glad you had a great one.t

Valerie said...

Happy Birthday Sarah!! Hope you have a great day with your sister.

Blessed said...

Habby Bday!!! Glad you posted about it, because I had no idea. Sounds like a really good few days with GREAT friends, presents, and food. :)

Emma's Mommy said...

Happy Birthday Sarah! And welcome to the 30's club! I can tell you from almost 8 years of experience in the club, that it isn't too bad! :-0

Erica said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I'm glad you had such a wonderful time with your family and friends! Oh and you definitely don't look like an old lady! :)

Melissa said...

OK, I am way behind but Happy Way Late Birthday! Thanks for checking up on me and my boys. Love ya!

About Me said...

I just thought turning 30 was going to be terrible. I grieved the loss of my twenties. But, as a more mature woman (okay, that's debatable) of 34, let me tell you that LOTS of great things happen after 30. For details I'll have to talk to you in person. But, my best years have come after 30.