Sunday, July 20, 2008

Beach and Magic Kingdom

We have had a very busy past 2 days here in Florida. On Friday we went to New Samirna Beach and Daytona Beach. Yesterday, (Saturday) we went to Magic Kingdom.
There is no reason for any child growing up in the Orlando region to ever say the worlds, "I am bored." Our family of 3 is officially zonked, wore out, and pooped! Today Josh and Todd ventured to Tampa to see a Tampa Bay baseball game, Lyd and I decided to stay back and rest and do some local shopping.

The beach was very nice and not too busy. Lydia loved the water and got excited when a wave came our way. She liked rolling in the sand and getting her hands all in it. The water was beautiful and warm! We collected a few seashells and had a nice family time.

WDW is crazy....so crowded and strollers everywhere. We arrived very early at Magic Kingdom and waited first in line at the rope. It was really neat and special how they opened the park with a big character greeting. Once we were in the park, we ran (yes ran) to Cinderella's Castle to get to Fantasy Land and be the first group on Dumbo. We rode all the major rides in Fantasyland before 10:00am and then went to meet the Princesses. They were so beautiful and very friendly- Lydia had to touch and talk to all of them. We then went to Frontierland and Adventureland and did some shows and more rides. After lunch, Lydia fell asleep so Josh and I took turns on Splash Mountain. Talk about a drop- it was nuts! Josh loved it, but I thought I was going to have a heart attack! After surviving Splash Mountain, we went on more rides and back to Fantasyland to re-ride some favorites. I could ride "It's a Small World" a hundred times. Lydia kept saying, "Babydolls, Babydolls, ride, ride, ride"

She loved all the dolls dancing and playing! It was my favorite too! We had dinner with the Winnie the Pooh characters. Lydia about jumped over the table (in fear) everytime they came by our table to talk to her. Finally, we had to just motion them on to other tables. She was so terrified of their costumes. She watched them like a hawk and wouldn't eat if they were anywhere in sight. We stayed for the parade and the fireworks. It was such a special time! I am sure Lydia will enjoy us telling her all about it and showing her the pictures and video for years to come!

Here are some pictures of the beach and Magic Kingdom. It is almost impossible for my distracted 15 month old to look at the camera these days, not to mention the sun grins. Nonetheless, she sure is a cutie pie!










7 comments:

Blessed said...

I'm going to check back everyday with all these updates!! I'm impressed. But, more than impressed, I am jealous. It looks like you are having a fabulous time! :) I just love Disney! And, I love Lydia's little Minnie dress! Too cute! Keep the updates coming!

Valerie said...

It looks like you are having a super duper time in sunny FL! LOVE the pic of Josh holding Lydia up on the beach!!
Can't wait for the next picture update.

Emma's Mommy said...

You all are having way too much fun! ;-) I bet you are going to need a vacation to recover from your vacation.....

I'll have to show Emma the pictures of Lydia with the princess'....she will be very impressed!

Carla said...

Looks like Lydia is having soooo much fun meeting the princess'. I love the family picture at the beach and Lydia's dress is precious. Glad you're having a good time.

Jessica said...

How much fun! You have such a sweet family! I am glad to hear you all are having a wonderful time in WDW! I can't wait to take Miss Kennedy one day!

Kimberly said...

Oh, wow. I miss the beach. Can Todd become our friend? Lydia looked so cute on the beach. Great dress choice. You need to get the picture of Josh holding Lyd in a frame. Sweet. Love ya girl and cant wait to see ya.:)

Jeanne said...

I know y'all must have had such a fun time!!! Your precious Lydia is gorgeous!