Saturday, May 31, 2008

A "Staycation" and Small Vacation

With the raging gas prices and big grocery bills, all of us are trying to save money this summer. I thank everyone for their great vacation recommendations. We still may travel far one day in the future, but for this week we have found ways to have fun while not going too far.

Today my parents came to BG to spend some time with us and we decided to have a little "staycation." For those of you that haven't heard of this term on the news lately, click here:
http://blogs.consumerreports.org/home/2008/04/staycation.html

It is nice to take advantage of places in your back door. Lydia LOVES to ride along in the stroller and seeing the outdoors. Today we traveled to BG's own Lost River Cave trails.

We went to the cave, listened to the tour guide give some interesting facts, and went to the Butterfly habitat. We walked there from my favorite park, The Bark Park, (which has a great playground and lots of shade). It was so nice to spend a couple of hours in BG, learn something new, allow Lydia to see some cool things, and NOT waste gas along the way.




Wed-Friday, we traveled to our old stomping grounds of Georgetown. We had a super stay in a real good deal from priceline that allowed us to get a very nice corporate suite for a low price (GO PRICELINE!) and got to visit my old school and church friends. Lydia was even asked to be in a wedding coming up next summer!!! We had a great time. Below is a picture of Lydia with two of my best friends children, Anna Pryor and Blaine. It was like yesterday that these kidos were born, and now they are growing so tall! AP turned 3 in Dec. and Blaine turned 1 last October. They are so smart and cute! Lydia really enjoyed playing with them!


Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Terri said...

Looks like you all had a great staycation and a very nice small vacation. I just love Lydia's precious outfits.

Blessed said...

Sounds like you had fun anyways! I need to do some of those things when I come home! Great ideas!

Emma's Mommy said...

We are also doing a little mini staycation in a couple of weeks. Looks like you all had a good time. Lydia looks so good in red. She is such a doll!

Melanie said...

Love the pictures and stories! I'm just now getting around to reading up on everyone :) I think we need to do some of those this summer. The kids are begging to go to Beech Bend, so we may brave that...

Your gorgeous girl is so blessed to have such fun parents! Love you guys!

Danielle Hudson said...

She is precious! I am going to try and have a playdate at my house when my playroom is done. I'll let you know:)